Saturday, February 12, 2011

I am NOT old enough to have a kid that dates...

Nikolas has a girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlfriend.  They went on their first date yesterday.  I took them to see Gnomeo and Juliet.  They both said they really liked it.  And admittedly, it wasn't totally terrible.  Its Romeo and Juliet starring lawn gnomes.  And with a different twist on the deadly ending since this is a cartoon for kids, after all. Tonight they are going on their second date.  An Air Force hockey game.  This time her family is taking them.  Nik is excited because he has never been to a hockey game before.  I asked him yesterday if he wanted me to take him to the store and buy him a new shirt for his date.  He was hesitant...but agreed.  He picked this button up shirt and a Tshirt that says something about feeding him pizza or some such garbage.  That detail is not important.  What IS funny (this *is a blog for the funny things my kids say) and important is what Nikolas just told me.

Nik: Mom can I go to Mason's?
Me: I guess but you need to be home by 430, I have a meeting at 5 and I need you home before I leave.
Nik: ok.  I'm going to wear this shirt for now, and I'll change it before I go to the hockey game.
Me: so before you leave you'll make sure you look presentable.  You are gonna change your shirt?
Nik: yes!
Me: So you're telling me that before you go out tonight you are going to have....:::insert raised eyebrow face::: TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!
Nik: :::eyeroll:::: yes :::eyeroll:::
Me: :::still singing::: Teeeeeeeeeee shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrt tiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!  Teeeeee shirrrrrrrrttttt timmmmmmmmme!
Nik: Seriously? I'm leaving.
Me: TEEEEEEEEEEEESHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTT TIIIMMMMMME!

That was pretty amazing.  Ha!  My 12 year old is having t-shirt time.  LOL  And ya know, in hindsight, if you don't watch Jersey Shore, you have no idea about t shirt time.  And if you don't watch it, you are SOOO missing out!

So that's my good Nik story for the day.  Have a good day everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!