Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh my children

Most days are pleasant in the Jo household.  We wake up, watch some TV, eat a little food, give each other hell, go to bed and start all over again.  Today was so NOT that kind of day.  My kids were grumpy from the moment they got up.  That's annoying.  I hate these days.  They are especially more difficult when there is only one parent.  No one to buffer the crabby patties away and my patience only lasts so long.

So I came home from Mia's chocolate party (delish BTW!) and had told Nikolas to make sure the living room was picked up and there would be a good chance he could play video games with the adults tonight.  (AKA...clean up the blankets and shoes and you for sure get to play video games today).  Nik, for the most part, did what he was asked.  Timmy, had other plans.  Timmy wanted to chase Nikolas.  In circles.  Around my couch.  Yeah.

This is mildly entertaining for several reasons.  Now please, put on your thinking caps.  Nikolas, in the lead, is running, around the couch, jumping over Sissy.  He is yelling (not loudly) OH NO CHAAAAAA-LEEEE bit me in a fake British accent as he makes lap after lap.  Timmy, who is chasing him, is yelling MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and laughing, as he runs after Nikolas.  Nikolas is running faster than Timmy, I mean he is 12, I would *hope he could run faster than a 3 year old.  The problem with this is that Nikolas is gaining on Timmy...and then passing him.  Which in and of itself is funny.  But the funny part comes next.

Picture this:

Timmy: :::huffing and puffing:::I'm gonna get you Nicky!
Nik: :::as he laps Timmy::: hahaha!
Nik and Timmy :::Collision::::
Timmy:  Hahaha I got you Nik!
Nik:  Nope! :::Sits on Timmy's head:::  TEABAG!
Me: WHAT?!?!?!?!  Do you even know what that is?
Nik: ::running away before I can beat him into next week::: YES!
Me: where did you learn that?
Nik: school
Me: ::::thinking he is SOOOOOO going to Catholic school.::::

So there you have it.  An afternoon of teabags.  Sigh.  Someone remind me why I thought boys were better?

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Words cannot even describe how hysterical this situation must've been!

    ReplyDelete

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!