Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Things

Before my kids get up and I change my mind about being thankful for them, I thought I should write a little something about things I am thankful for.  And I swear it won't all be mushy and gross.

  • I am thankful for Facebook.  Never before has it been so easy to spy on people you like, or don't like, and be able to look at people and say "OMG!  She got fat!" or "Holy crap! He looks OLD!!" So mad props to Facebook!
  • I am thankful for the chick who posted that Chocolate Cake recipe on allrecipes.com.  You, ma'am, have changed my life!!! And made me semi famous in the process!
  • I am thankful for my mom, sister, brother, my SIL, my BIL, my MIL, my nephews and nieces and my great nephew.  I have a pretty kick ass family in case you didn't already know that.  We may annoy each other, we may fight, we may sometimes wanna stab the other with a rusty knife in the eyeball, but at the end of the day, we are FAMILY.  And I love you all.
  • I am thankful for the addition of some AMAZING women in my life this year: Beth, Brittany, Shelley,...you guys are awesome and I can not WAIT to see what this next year brings us.
  • I am thankful for little babies...I <3 Brynn Edgar and Savannah Shea
  • I am thankful for Teddy, Brad, and Davis.  They not only inspired me to start this blog, but they put up with my husband at work and are stellar examples of outstanding men.  Well, except Teddy...he is being really childish right now. ;-)
  • I am thankful for Rachel and Tim.  They are my family. Words can't describe how much I love them. Even when Tim wears a shirt with shiney pearl buttons, I still love him.  And even when Rachel is laughing as I try to punish Timmy, I still love her.
  • I am thankful for the dollar menu at McDonalds.  No brainer here folks!
  • I am thankful that the people who work at McDonalds on late poker nights, hopefully don't spit the Super Duper Cokes and Hot N Spicy's I order for the drunkies I am driving home.
  • I am thankful for the pee tree.  Its a tree...that gets peed on...no further explanation needed.
  • I am thankful for Nikolas.  He might test my paitience and sometimes act like he has the worst mom around, but in the last year he has really changed into a young man and is showing a more responsible side.  And the countdown is ON...only 3 years 298 days until he gets his drivers license and I don't EVER have to drive anyone anywhere AGAIN!  WOOOHOO!
  • I am thankful for Sydney.  Her unconditional love astounds me.  She loves without any limits.  She grows and surprises me everyday.  I am so glad she is my daughter.
  • I am thankful for Timmy.  Without him, this blog would not be possible.  He is the most loving kid even if he is a little trying at times.  Our family would not be complete without him.
  • I am thankful for Dave. Again, a no brainer here folks...I'll skip the mush until at least our next anniversary =0)
So thats my list of some of the things I am thankful for.  I am SURE there are more.  And as this day progresses, I am sure to add new memories to my mental list for next year lol.  And please know that even if I did not mention you by name, it doesn't mean I don't love you.  It just means I am old and I forget shit.

XOXO everyone, and have a GREAT Thanskgiving!! <3

1 comment:

  1. Laura-
    you rock! I am so glad we found a way back into each others lives. As I read this I am also in the process of trying to talk my husband into coming out there in April, during Chris' spring break. If it happens, lets both be thankful for the ability to bribe with sex. LOL

    Love, you partner in crime, AKA regulator Kim

    ReplyDelete

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!