Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not in the morning...

As some of you may or may not know, Timmy and I have a routine at night.  We put Syd to bed, and load up the feeding tube bag and get her all situated.  Timmy counts the number of formula cans we use. 1, 2, 3, 4.  Only we like to count like...well...The Count.  One.  One can of formula mwahahahaha.  Two.  Two cans of formula...and so on and so forth.

Tonight as we put Syd to bed, the conversation goes like this:

T: Mommy, I am gonna count.  Get the formula ready.
Me: Its ready dude, count.
T: Start pouring!
Me: :::pours formula:::
T: One.  One can of formula. Mwaha...waiiiiiiiiiit for it.....waiiiiiit for it....hahaha
Me: :::cracking up::::

I mean really?  Wait for it? Sigh.  He was so proud of himself too.  After I stopped laughing, we finished with her formula, then tucked him into bed.  We had a short conversation about tomorrow and what the day looked like, like we do every night. 

Me: we have lots to do tomorrow.  Its almost Thanksgiving!
T: And we get peanut butter brownies?
Me: yes, and other things...its going to be legen.....wait for it....
T: dary!
Me: YES!  How did you know that? 
T: TV.
Me:  :::laugh::: ok go to bed!
T: (using the scary/zombie/monster voice) Goodnight Mommy!
Me: (using same voice) Night Tuney!

And repeat that about 4 more times.

On days when I question myself, and my parenting, and my everything, its things like this that remind me that I do a DAMN GOOD job raising all three of my kids!

1 comment:

  1. Can I click the "like" button? muahaha wait for it.... hahahahhaha

    ReplyDelete

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!