Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's just about ME for once

Today is all about me.  Why?  Because this is my blog and if I want it to be about me, I can.  So there.

I ran my first 5K yesterday.  Insane, I know.  I never in a million years thought I could.  But I did it.  My goal was to finish in less than 45 minutes, and I did!!  it was 40:25 I think.  20-something at any rate.  It was 25 degrees, snow flurries, wind and did I mention it was COLD?  It was COLD.  But I did it.  And I'm going to do it again, although its gonna have to be warmer.  I'm thinking springtime.  Maybe summer.  When I take the next cruise.  Just warmer.  There has to be a bathing suit 5k somewhere right?

Here are some pictures from the race.


The mountains are gone!!!


2 comments:

  1. You're pretty much awesome!! Congrats for setting goals and achieving them!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps- I'm old and blind, is that #169? It looks like it...but your thumbs up is in the way of the close up lol...I think strategic placement? ;) at any rate, #169 was Pete's Motocross number. So it's always been a bit of a good luck number for him and I claimed it for a while also. Now you can too!!

    ReplyDelete

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!