Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Nikolas

Wow, 13.  I can't believe my very first baby is 13.  So I'm gonna get mooshy for a bit...

Nikolas--each year, as you get older, I sit here and try to write you something profound, something that will let you know how much we love you.  I can't ever find the right words.  I'm gonna attempt it again today, so lets see how this turns out. 


You have been thru more in your life than most adults have.  Since you were born we have had 8 different addresses, lived in 5 different states, 6 different duty stations, added a sister and a brother, lost grandparents and great grandparents, sent your dad off to war 3 times, made best friends, lost touch with best friends, made new best friends, find girlfriends, met your future wife (oh yes, that JoCullough thing *IS happening)...and so much more.  And you do it all without complaining...well mostly without complaining.  You are a loving and caring and protective big brother, one that Sydney and Timmy can look up too.  Not only cause you are taller than them either!  We may not always tell you what a good kid you are, but I honestly don't know what I'd do without you kiddo.  You are my right hand man.  And my friend.  We love you Nikolas Adam.  Here's to an awesome year as a teenager <3




You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much

At long last love has arrived and I thank God I'm alive

You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you


Pardon the way that I stare, there's nothing else to compare

The sight of you leaves me weak, there are no words left to speak

but if you feel like I feel, please let me know that its real
You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off you
Happy Birthday Nikolas.  We love you.

Love, Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!