Monday, May 23, 2011

heartbreaking kinda moment

Its hard to explain the grown up world to kids.  "You can just buy it on your credit card mom!" is the refrain I hear from my kids when I say "Mommy has no money".  Its so foreign, these grown up concepts. 

So how do you stop your heart from breaking when your kid wakes up in the morning and says "Only X more sleeps until Daddy goes to fight the bad guys!!!"?  They don't see the dangers that we see. They don't feel the same worry.  They just see black and white...my daddy goes away all the time and now he is going to fight the bad guys.  He doesn't know that the bad guys fight back.  Just that Daddy is a superhero that fights the bad guys. 

If only the world was that simple...

I'll be back in a few days with more, I'm sure.  And to all the Superhero Daddies....we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Laura

Just a note to thank you for reading and laughing with me at the ones who make my life what it is!